Menu

Liz CA....I am just popping in to say hi!

Liz,

I saw (on the PW cooking show thread) that you were thinking of me...that's so nice! I haven't been on the forums for two years. LOL.

I am doing well. My twins are now 22 years old; DD just graduated magna cum laude in nursing, passed her boards (yea!!) and is working on a trauma unit. Her twin DS is stationed in Afghanistan. He dropped out of college and enlisted in the USMC. It is scary having him over there but he does have internet access so that helps.

Next youngest ds (19) is also a Marine (reserve) and will be a sophomore in college. The other three boys will be a senior, sophomore, and freshman in the public high school this fall.

I am still working as a pharmacy technician and love it. I still look fondly at my time spent on these boards and keep up with a lot of people from here via facebook.

I hope you are doing well. It was sweet of you to think of me!

Ria

Oh my gosh! Here I go reminiscing about the good ole days and you are popping in!

:party: I am being deprived of "Ricola." Do you remember?

So good to hear from you. I gasped when I read that you have kids in the military. We have to pray for all the Moms on this board who have soldiers overseas or anywhere. For a while my ds was contemplating the navy but now is looking at colleges again for transfer, maybe still doing ROTC.

Do NOT stay away from here for so long! Just come and say *hello* now and then!! Ya' hear me??!!!

Ria, now is as good a time as any to trot out an idea that I've been mulling over for awhile now.

We need a Reunion Day. :) All the oldtimers need to be welcomed to pop in twice a year, if they can, say on April 1st and October 1st. (I just picked those out of the hat.)

That way, we'd all know that we can find each other at least on that one day.

Colleen, Rosemary in Co., Pam(SFSOM), Charon and Myrtle and many others come to mind -- people I'd love to see here again, even if they can only make it on those one or two days a year.

I don't think it's too much to ask, do you? Maybe we can get the Mods to put up a stickie announcing it.

Thanks for popping by, and best wishes re. yours who are serving.