Menu

Does anyone use EduTrack anymore??

Momma4Boys

I have EduTrack and have used it for a few years but I am feeling like it is really outdated (my dh is a computer nerd and he said it is based on a really old version of access...blah blah blah...over my head and my eyes glaze over...)...anyway, an update hasnt come out in a LOOOONGGG time and their website kind of looks kaput.

So - is anyone still using it? Is there something better out there? I like to be able to keep all my records in one place and backed up (paperless).

Thanks!!

I just bought it and love it. I tested HST and hated it. I bought a book to do handwritten plans, then I found EduTrack at convention this year. It is more user friendly that HST and I did not want a monthly fee at this point. They do have downloadable plans online. I love that feature. It saved me hours! It does seem older, but it is well organized and has a lot of great extras.

I used to use Edu-Track but then I found it kludgy and no updates came for ages.

I finally gave it up and got HST+. Free HST is a lot like Edu-Track - old, kludgy and doesn't do what I want. HST+ has all the features I kept waiting for in Edu-Track but never got - sooooo much easier to use!

I have no idea what PP was talking about with "monthly fees" - HST+ is $50, one time, and then free updates forever. There are no fees once you pay for it, monthly or otherwise. (Edu-Track charged $20 a year for updates which never materialized, or you had to pay to upgrade)

• 2 weeks later...

I have both Edu-track and HST plus have have to say I like Hst+ because it keeps it updated over edu-track. But there are some features that hst+ doesn't. If I can remember correctly I think Edu-track had me type information over again. What ever the case I have to say it was "kludgy" but I will admit I love being able to print out pre-made forms such as reading list etc. I am not sure about anyone else but windows 7, office 2007 did gave me error messages. Since I still like using Edu-Track for the forms so I installed it on virtual machine under XP to get around the issue.

There is another software out there called homeschool minder that wants you to pay $40 year which I considered because it was easier and more user friendly over edu-track and hst+.

@drexel

I went to the sight and I have to admit it looks nice and this price isn't bad either.

Edited by dyana17

• 1 month later...

Nicole,

You probably already chose a program, but I have a great option for you.

In full disclosure, I designed my dream online planner after years of searching, and it is now being used by our local coop. It is free and does everything you would want it to. Most importantly, I am a usability wonk, so I made sure it was easy to navigate. www.LessonMinder.com. :001_smile:

Susan

Mom to 5

Veteran homeschooler

and Hive Mind newbie!

Nicole,

You probably already chose a program, but I have a great option for you.

In full disclosure, I designed my dream online planner after years of searching, and it is now being used by our local coop. It is free and does everything you would want it to. Most importantly, I am a usability wonk, so I made sure it was easy to navigate. www.LessonMinder.com. :001_smile:

Hi Susan,

Thanks for your honesty about your planner. I have really been trying to figure out how I am going to keep track of my records. My oldest just started her K year and I figured now would be a good time to get practice "record keeping" before we officially register as homeschoolers for 1st grade.

I messed around with Homeschool Skedtrack the most. I don't find it as user-friendly as I would like. Maybe if I messed around with it longer I would understand it better- but I hate the thought that it could take so much time and energy to when I would rather be focused on teaching my children and not how to work a system.

I haven't spent as much time with the other programs but have looked into Homeschool Tracker and Edu-Track. Sometimes I think I'll just throw up my hands and keep a paper trail. {Sigh}

So, all that being said, how is your program different? What makes it worth the price versus with one of the free options?

Thanks for your input.