Menu

Lauri toys

I'm looking at buying some lauri toys for my three year old. It's too hot to spend lots of time outside, and he's getting restless. I think he would like the pegging and the lacing would be good for him. If you had $50 to spend, what Lauri toys would you buy and where is the cheapest place to get them?

We really love the peg stacker set and my 4.5 year-old still plays with it. I got the large set off Amazon, but not sure that is the best price. I would definitely get a bigger set so they can really build. You can use them for counters or patterning exercises too.

BTW, lacing cards are pretty easy to make with cardstock and a hole punch if you want something really cheap. You can change it seasonally too. I think I saw something suggesting old greeting cards. My son never really liked lacing cards and much preferred beads.

I've always found the best price on Amazon, especially if you get free shipping. Occasionally some other stores like Fat Brain will have them for cheaper, but it becomes a wash once you pay for shipping.

If you have a Borders near you, check there. They just started their store closing sale and they carry Lauri Toys. I was just in there the other day and debated whether or not to get the stacking pegs! I think the discount they are giving right now is 10%, but keep an eye out as I imagine it will only get better.