Menu

TOG UG History Reading-10 Chapters Hakim in 1 Wk??

Penny

I'm looking at the TOG sample Yr 2 Wk 20 and I noticed that for UG the student should read either 10 chapters in Hakim or 6 chapters in SOTW (alternate resource). Are all of the UG history reading assignments so much? This seems like too much.

I'm just about ready to purchase (pre-order) Redesigned Yr 3. I think this is my last question. I'm hoping wk 20 is just an unusually difficult week.

Blessings,

Penny

There is usually quite a bit of reading. 10 chapters isn't as bad as it sounds, though. The chapters are quite short (3-5 pgs), and from what I hear yr. 2 is the most "difficult" of the years because of all the events that are jammed into this time period of history. It's our first year with TOG (we're finishing up yr 2), and I've loved it, but am curious as to whether next year will be lighter on the reading. It hasn't been too much, but I'm lazy:tongue_smilie: and wouldn't mind a little less.;)

Also, the weeks vary in the amount of reading due. Some weeks are very heavy, but some are also very light. There have been several times that my kids spread the reading for a particular week over into the following week. It's really not as bad as it seems!

This is precisely the reason we are trying something new next year. We did year 2 this year and reading 8-10 chapters in History of Us, plus assigned read aloud, literature selection and other in depth history books we are burned out to say the least! But I do love Tog and plan to return in the future when my children are a little more independent.

Dorothy

I'm looking at the TOG sample Yr 2 Wk 20 and I noticed that for UG the student should read either 10 chapters in Hakim or 6 chapters in SOTW (alternate resource). Are all of the UG history reading assignments so much? This seems like too much.

I'm just about ready to purchase (pre-order) Redesigned Yr 3. I think this is my last question. I'm hoping wk 20 is just an unusually difficult week.

Blessings,

Penny

Penny,

We break things up and do them over more than one week as well. I am doing classic year 3 and I haven't found anything that heavy yet. The last time I came across anything close to that was the end of year 2 when they cover the American Revolution. Again we just spent as much time as was needed to cover the material in portions the kids could handle.

Heather