Menu

How do I clean my jacuzi tub?

I just use mild non-foaming dish soap and hot water with a soft cloth. That takes care of it. I also regularly fill it, turn it on, and pour in some bleach and let it run for 10 minutes or so. This runs the bleach water throughout the system and cleans it out and helps prevent the yucky crud that can grow in the water that sits in there. Then I turn it off, drain the tub and rinse it with clean, hot water.

We JUST looked this up on the internet last night. We just moved and our master has a jacuzi tub. The kids wanted to take a bath and play "Polly Pocket Pool" so I was running the water. I turned on the jets and black/green stuff started coming out. EEEEWWW! Glad they weren't yet IN the tub!

So grossed me out. We read to do the bleach thing, but to also add in some Cascade Complete? No matter how clean we get it, I can't imagine relaxing in that tub.

We have one of those tubs, a big corner one. Came with the house. :glare:

I'd love to tear it out some time and put in an ordinary bathtub with a just a slope for lying back in. I rarely use the jets and we're on a well so I don't appreciate the amount of water it takes to fill the thing.