Menu

Can I "unfriend" someone on FB w/o them getting a notice?

I have a related question - if I unfriend someone, will my name reappear in their suggested friends list again? Because if they see me there, then they will know I unfriended them :-)

Yes, it will. That's usually, AFAIK, the way people find out they were unfriended much of the time.

If the only problem is that he posts too often, the easier solution is to just hide him from your feed. If you hover over a post of his, there's an x on the right side. Click it, and it will give you the option to hide all posts from him.

I have a related question - if I unfriend someone, will my name reappear in their suggested friends list again? Because if they see me there, then they will know I unfriended them :-)

I wonder about this also. I unfriended a co-worker several months ago, but she keeps encouraging me to look at her pictures on FB. She doesn't yet know I've unfriended her.

Cindy, if you'd rather just "hide" his posts from your newsfeed, go to any post of his that shows on your feed. Move your mouse to the right of his name, a little further, a little further--there! You'll see an X appear, with the word "Remove." Click on that, and it will ask if you want to remove that particular post, or hide him from your newsfeed.

You can always change it back later if you'd like.

I wonder about this also. I unfriended a co-worker several months ago, but she keeps encouraging me to look at her pictures on FB. She doesn't yet know I've unfriended her.

Cindy, if you'd rather just "hide" his posts from your newsfeed, go to any post of his that shows on your feed. Move your mouse to the right of his name, a little further, a little further--there! You'll see an X appear, with the word "Remove." Click on that, and it will ask if you want to remove that particular post, or hide him from your newsfeed.

You can always change it back later if you'd like.

Gotcha. That sounds like a great solution. :)

I block people who post too much and too obnoxiously for me on FB. That way I never have to answer the 'why did you unfriend me' message, and I don't get annoyed by them.

I figure if I respond to your posting with a link to snopes.com more than twice, you're a good candidate for blockage :P