Menu

Has anyone else noticed this weird thing about Netflix recently?

I went to look at some instant view movies I'd seen recently, and now they are no longer on instant. Some are old movies, like Marathon Man, Jaws, etc. If I look at my instant view history, these movies now show up with yellow (not red) stars.

Could this have anything to do with the new price structure at Netflix? Any ideas?

:iagree:

Movies go in and out of availability on instant view.

I have also noticed that sometimes a tv show will dissapear, and then reappear the next day with more episodes. I figure they must pull it off of instant view to update it.

:iagree:

I have also noticed that sometimes a tv show will dissapear, and then reappear the next day with more episodes. I figure they must pull it off of instant view to update it.

Or they roll all seasons into one icon, where each season was separate before.

The older movies are usually up for a limited time. They did that with the Wizard of Oz a year or so ago.

Or they roll all seasons into one icon, where each season was separate before.

The older movies are usually up for a limited time. They did that with the Wizard of Oz a year or so ago.

I was pleased to see they started doing this. It cleaned up the cue from recommended titles, being just the same show in repeated seasons. It also made it much easier to keep track of where I was in a particular show.

Netflix is currently having issues with streaming Sony movies, though.

From your link:

The disappearance of Sony’s movies resulted from a clause in the Starz agreement. According to people familiar with the matter who spoke on condition of anonymity because contract terms are confidential, it includes an undisclosed cap, which has recently been exceeded, on the number of people who can watch Sony movies online.

That is illuminating. Thanks for sharing the link.