Menu

Who was the horrible, evil person (warning: IC content)

Who mentioned the Ben and Jerry's ice cream recipe book a couple weeks ago? :toetap05:

'Cause I just made some cappuccino ice cream that is slap-yo-mama good. So good I might have by accident gotten my tongue stuck to the inside of the ice cream maker (I will neither confirm nor deny). Crazy, "oh my Bob" good.

So stand up and be flogged. :D

Okay, I will post once in this thread and then I won't be revisiting it...but the description of your ice cream has me seriously drooling and I hope your tongue is okay!

Another thing I won't be reading is the library book my daughter checked out and left by MY chair before she left for a week of camp: Ben and Jerry's biography or autobiography or some such nonsense. Because if there are any tales in there related to ice cream :tongue_smilie:, then I will be making crazy midnight runs to the store.

I don't think it was me, but it could have been--love the Ben and Jerry's book!

The one change I make is based on an article that ran in our paper years ago. Their recipes have raw egg in them, and if you don't have an egg source that you can be confident is salmonella-free, you can heat the base to kill off any bad stuff. Basic steps: make the mix, but leave out one cup of the cream at first. Heat the mix in the microwave until it is 165°. I do several cycles of a minute or two, whisk the mix, then measure the temp. When it is 165°, it is safe. Add that other cup of cream and refrigerate until cold--overnight is great. Process in your ice cream maker as usual.