Menu

Homeschool Buyers Co-op \ Reading Eggs as low as $20 for the year!

They aren't offering it yet but if you are interested in getting a one year subscription to Reading Eggs for about 20.00 then go here, scroll down near the bottom of the page and click on the link to indicate your interest. PLEASE!!!:tongue_smilie: My dc love this site but I can't afford it full price!

What level of reading does this encompass? I've been entertaining the idea, but am not sure it would work for my kids. (I still clicked the link for y'all...)

My oldest is reading comfortably at a second grade level. She is a fairly fluent reader. She's just at a point where she needs phonetic review. When I sit with her to read, it's so that she doesn't try to guess foreign words and to encourage her to use the phonics I taught her.

My second is not ready to learn reading really at all. He knows his letters and their sounds thanks to Leapfrog, so now we are "working" on beginning and ending sounds. Really, though, he's just not developmentally there yet to get those concepts.

Does it sound like it would work for either of them?

What level of reading does this encompass? I've been entertaining the idea, but am not sure it would work for my kids. (I still clicked the link for y'all...)

My oldest is reading comfortably at a second grade level. She is a fairly fluent reader. She's just at a point where she needs phonetic review. When I sit with her to read, it's so that she doesn't try to guess foreign words and to encourage her to use the phonics I taught her.

My second is not ready to learn reading really at all. He knows his letters and their sounds thanks to Leapfrog, so now we are "working" on beginning and ending sounds. Really, though, he's just not developmentally there yet to get those concepts.

Does it sound like it would work for either of them?

Well, it starts out for 3 or 4 year olds that are just exploring the alphabet and goes up to 1st or 2nd grade, depending on how well they are reading. Your younger dc would definitely be able to use it. If you go to the Reading Eggs site you can sign up for a free trial to see if your older dc would find any value in it. I think it is two weeks long.

• 2 weeks later...