Menu

Miscarriage and D&C question....

For those of you who have suffered a miscarriage and had a D&C :( is bloating something you dealt with after the procedure was done?

I'm asking because a very good friend of mine miscarried with her first pregnancy 3 days ago and is saying that she feels so bloated since she had it done. I told her that I thought it seemed logical to have some bloating with the procedure but didn't know for sure.

Just concerned for her I suppose and hear some concern in her voice. I'm sure she'll call her OBGYN in the morning but just thought I'd ask the hive.

Thanks everyone.

Thanks for sharing! She says she still feels that way. I didn't ask if she had called her doctor though.

She said this is probably her best day yet physically but is now worrying about whether or not she'll be able to carry a baby. I told her that there are lots of women who miscarry with their first to go on and carry healthy babies - my neice being one of them.

Thank you again :)

Thanks for sharing! She says she still feels that way. I didn't ask if she had called her doctor though.

She said this is probably her best day yet physically but is now worrying about whether or not she'll be able to carry a baby. I told her that there are lots of women who miscarry with their first to go on and carry healthy babies - my neice being one of them.

Thank you again :)

I don't specifically remember bloating, and I have had many D&Cs. However, it stands to reason. I know many women who have had a miscarriage and then gone on to have children. Miscarriages are rather common. Not that it makes it any easier.

Please love on your friend. Be careful to watch for cues from her. She may want to hold a baby. She may want nothing to do with them. She will need people to understand this is a real loss and should be treated as such. Also, if you can, try to remember her due date. She may not even realize it when it comes, but typically that is one of the roughest times for me after a miscarriage.

:grouphug:

I had three D&Cs and never had bloating. She shouldn't have many symptoms afterwards. Maybe some slight cramping and spotting, but that's it. I was back to my normal schedule as soon as I returned from the procedure...all three times.

She should put in a call to her doctor's office.

Please love on your friend. Be careful to watch for cues from her. She may want to hold a baby. She may want nothing to do with them. She will need people to understand this is a real loss and should be treated as such. Also, if you can, try to remember her due date. She may not even realize it when it comes, but typically that is one of the roughest times for me after a miscarriage.

:grouphug:

I have never had a D&C but I have had a stillbirth so I know what you mean. I have been very sensitive with her because I remember it as if it were yesterday. I had already been thinking of remembering her due date as well as the day she lost the baby. I think both will be important.

I had three D&Cs and never had bloating. She shouldn't have many symptoms afterwards. Maybe some slight cramping and spotting, but that's it. I was back to my normal schedule as soon as I returned from the procedure...all three times.

She should put in a call to her doctor's office.

Hmmm...seems like the bloating isn't a common side effect. I, for some reason now, feel like something may not be right but don't know what since I don't know much about it.

I've told her maybe she should take some Midol and see if that helps. I think I may gingerly suggest she put in a call.

Edited by Momof3Maidens

I will second giving a call to the doctor -- I didn't have bloating for either of my d&c's. Better to make sure there is no infection or anything.

My thoughts of strength for your friend. Miscarriage is hard enough without any other worries after it. :(

Also no noticeable bloating with D&C after Miscarriage, she should call Dr ASAP just in case. I second the advice that you should watch her emotional state. After mine I was a mess. Still bothers me on due date and other times as well. But I wouldn't have DS if I hadn't miscarried, so all things have a reason.