Menu

Ok ladies, talk to me about chicken pox.

Well, you're off the hook with us. We talked about the 21 day incubation and decided that we weren't up for chicken pox ruining our entire summer.

I feel ya! I am not sure what to hope for with other two dc who have been vx'd but I am seriously wondering if it will hold. So yeah, not necessarily looking forward to a summer of the pox. :001_smile:

I got them when I was 29. I was very sick for about 24 hrs. I had a high fever and it wasn't until the next day that I noticed the spots.

My brother also had them as an adult and he had a fever for a week. So yes, generally you get a fever, but not the whole time. I felt great after the first day or two.:tongue_smilie:

ETA: My little one may have hd them when she was almost 2, doc office refused to let me bring her in based on what I told them. She had very mild cse if she did. That was when I was told the vaccine does not protect, it is designed to give you a more mild case if you do get it. So the ones with the vaccine may still get it.

Edited by MommaBear

I feel ya! I am not sure what to hope for with other two dc who have been vx'd but I am seriously wondering if it will hold. So yeah, not necessarily looking forward to a summer of the pox. :001_smile:

My friend's daughter got them from a friend who had just been vaxxed. We got them from her, little biddy got them from big sis.

Yup, it's over a month...