Menu

Apologia Science

Sweetpeach

Apologia Science is on my radar for the years leading up to highschool, for years 7 - 9.

What did you use in preparation for Apologia . . .

My boys are heading into 3rd and 4th. I want to use Singapore Science starting in the fall and leading up to Apologia . . . has anyone followed this route?

TY

Tricia

and they have done very well. Apologia does not assume that you have been using their curriculum. This is great because they cover all the vocabulary very well and it builds as each module is studied.

We had used a variety of science resources and did not use a packaged science until high school. With this said, they have still done very well and I did not feel Apologia was too easy at all.

With my younger DD10 I am going to use Apologia Astronomy and then user their junior high science just because I've loved the apologia Biology so much. My HS DD 10th grader will do Chemistry next year and 9th grader will take a year off from science.

Apologia Science is on my radar for the years leading up to highschool, for years 7 - 9.

What did you use in preparation for Apologia . . .

My boys are heading into 3rd and 4th. I want to use Singapore Science starting in the fall and leading up to Apologia . . . has anyone followed this route?

TY

Tricia

Honestly, nothing much... unit studies was pretty much it, or Abeka science student books on occasion.... to just read thorugh... my youngest now has had more science at this age than my oldest 2 put togther.... sad but true... and my son did great... he went right into biology in 9th grade. Christian is slower, but she is getting good tests scores and understanding the material, just slower is all. Glad we home school because if she couldn't go slower she might not do as well right now.

Christian will get better and be able tomove faster w/ age. *Ü* I did ...

We did Rainbow Science for two students, one was in 5-6 and the other was in 7-8 (Rainbow is a two-year curric. with one semester each of physics, chemistry, biology and applications).

I loved it - lessons are 2-3 pages each with a lab every week. It can be done 3 days a week - about 1 hr each or it can be done (as we did) daily for about 30minutes (plus and hour on lab days). The lessons are short and sweet, the author has a kid-friendly humorous style and the lessons are in depth.

You can buy a kit that goes with it and **everything** is included - a lifesaver for a lot of us busy mom/teachers.

Rainbow *is* expensive, but it is for two years and it is worth every penny.

their website is http://www.beginningspublishing.com

Lisaj