Menu

MCT: student AND teacher books necessary?

seewah

Getting ready to hit the submit button on my order for MCT materials but I am debating whether I could go with the "Basic" packages for both Island and Voyage ... or if I truly will need the "Complete" packages for both.

If you purchased these items before, do you feel both student and teacher books are necessary or can I get by with just the "Basic" package contents just fine. It will save me $105 if I go with the cheaper option.

And for those who have used Level 4 (Lens and Word 1 materials) do you feel the complete package is a necessity or is the basic package adequate for this level? I have not completely decided if I am going to go with Voyage or Level 4 for my 7th grader.

Thanks for your input! :)

For Island, you only need the homeschool package w/ the teacher guide. For Practice Island you want a student book for each kid unless you plan to do all 100 sentences on a board or type them up or dictate them and a teacher guide.

Darn, I can't recall now about Voyage. I seem to recall there is a book in Voyage level where you want both the student and teacher book. I hope someone chimes in on that b/c I need to order Voyage level this weekend.

I seem to recall in the upper levels you need both or else you'd be typing in all the quizzes but I'd ask at the high school forum about level 4.

Go with basic for Voyage as well.

If I were going to add anything, I would say that a student book for Essay Voyage would be very nice, but it could be looked at as a luxury.

RFWP has actually have done a lovely job figuring out what is the minimum and what is the deluxe package.

If I were going to add anything, I would say that a student book for Essay Voyage would be very nice, but it could be looked at as a luxury.

:iagree: I originally ordered just the TE of Essay Voyage, but after looking over it carefully when it came, I realized that it would be very, very nice to have the student text, too. So much so...that I made a special order for one. I decided that it would be too difficult to discuss all the information in the book with just one copy (with all the answers filled in). It was worth it $-wise to me (and I'm not one to part with $ easily).

HTH!