Menu

Please share your toddler / preschool schedules

I've spent so much time working with my son these past few weeks (months?!) and just realized that my 3yo dd has been watching waaaaay too many videos for a long while now. I need a new outlook and would love to hear what other preschoolers are doing during the day. Since we thrive on schedules here, please share yours to help give me ideas. :)

Daily and/or weekly would be fine. Thanks!

Edited by jadedone80

Callie & Emma:

8-8:30am- Wake up, Get Ready

8:30-9am- Eat Breakfast

9-10:15am- Hang out with Grandma

10:15-10:45am- LHTH

10:45-11:30am - Hang out with Mom (park?)

11:30am-12:30pm- Listen in on Sonlight Science F and Color

12:30-1pm- Lunch

1-2pm- Nap

2-2:30pm- Educational Tv (or still sleeping)

2:30-4:30pm- Swim/Play/Outside/Free time (only swim when its warm)

4:30-5:45pm- Play time/ Free Time (no electronics)

5:45-6:30pm- Dinner

6:30-7pm- Tv with everyone except Mom & Dad

7-8pm- Family Time

8- 8:45pm -Bath & Get Ready for Bed

8:45-9:15pm- Tv

9:15- 9:30pm - Bed Time Story

9:30pm-8am- Sleep

Everything in green is with Grandma, Everything in Blue is with me.

This is Callie & Emma's schedule for this upcoming year (they are 3 1/2 yo twins), mind you we have a very large family (11 at home, 1 off to college this year) and my mom lives with us, so this is just what we hope will work for us this year.

I dont know how much this helped, but i hope it helped some ;)

Edited by Katherine A.

Wake up

Breakfast

Clean up time (her chore is wiping the table down)

Scripture time

Playtime

Snack

Mommy Time (read a story, do an activity, memory work of nursery rhymes and scriptures)

Go out (storytime, swimming lessons, playground, museum, farm)

Lunch

Read Aloud

Nap time

Playtime

Snack

Whatever mom feels like time (ABC mouse.com, art project, science fun, rice tub, outside(

Clean up (she is in charge of her toys)

TV time

Dinner

Daddy time

Bedtime

Katherine's schedule looks like one I had when I taught preschool :). Our schedule also changes daily due to therapies, sports, and so on. To reduce my temptation to just let the TV be on constantly I have made a movie checkout rule for videos. She can have 1 or 2 videos a day to watch on her small TV depending on length and so on. If I instead let her watch PBS or similar, I set a timer for me to remind me how much time she has been watching the TV. Otherwise, I get distracted and forget she has been there for waaaaayyy too long.

My toddler doesn't have a schedule. He 'hangs out' with his older brothers when they are not busy doing school work. He plays games with them off and on throughout the day, draws with them, builds with Legos, they read to him, etc. When they are doing school work he usually tinkers around with math manipulatives (he's partial to linking cubes and pattern blocks). Sometimes he sits on my lap and 'does lessons' like the big boys.

This is what the 4 yo's day looks like. (It is almost identical to how it was when he was 3.)

Wake Up

Morning Checklist: (get dressed, make bed*, put away stuffed animals)

Breakfast

Breakfast Basket: (Bible and prayer, read alouds, memory work, calender/money concepts)

Chores: (for DS4 this is feeding the dog)

Group Time: (we do Geography, History, Science, Art/Music appreciation, and Creative Art as a group**. DS4 is always invited, but may chose to play quietly nearby if he isn't interested.)

Playtime: (Weather permitting this is a 15 min. break to ride scooters or bikes, play ball, or dig in the sandbox.)

Seat Work: (DS does 3-4 activities each day. Usually we cover a pre-reading skill, an early math skill, fine motor development, and something just for fun. He plays after he is finished until everyone is finished as well.)

Lunch

Rest Time (1 hour quietly looking at books in bed, 1 hour quietly playing in bedroom)

Free Time until it is time to clean up and start supper.

*This constitutes nicely arranging a small blanket.

**Just not all in the same day! :tongue_smilie:

ETA- This is not everyday, but our at home days. We also have a library/park day and are out of the house at least one other day each week.

Edited by BLA5

No real schedule, but this a current typical day.

• Wake up and play in her bedroom or my bedroom. She will often watch a show for about an hour.
  • Breakfast
  • Go to playroom for school. (3 hours)
  • She plays independently with toys, draws, climbs on the couch to listen to a story I am reading to my boys, climbs into my lap for cuddles, gets new toys out of the toy closet on her own, etc. Sometimes she will watch a video on the computer. Sometimes she will join in a school activity.
  • Lunch
  • Outside play for at least an hour
  • Go to playroom for school (does same thing as in the morning) (about 2 hours)
  • Dinner
  • Dances and sings in the kitchen while I do the dishes
  • Bath
  • Bedtime

Yes - no nap. Naps left before she turned 3.

didn't really have a schedule---when ds was that small whenever he would want to do homework with me we would--sometimes after the morning things were done (breakfast-housework) I would start out by calling him to do a little study time with me but whenever he would get bored or frustrated we would stop and take a break and later I'd call him back.....mostly it was play time or mom reading to him.....ds watched alot of kiddie fun/educational stuff at that age (dora-diego-reading videos)....