Menu

spelling recommendation

ahancock

I am unfamiliar with the book you've mentioned, but wanted to mention a programme called SpellWell. I'd never ever heard of it before, but after checking it out I'm pretty impressed with it. :) Not sure if it will mesh because I don't know the books, but if you wanna peak inside of it you can do so at cbd.com

My ds is 7, but is a very remedial reader. If he were in school, he would supposed to be going into the 2nd grade, but he is just now reading CVC words fluently. That is why, even though I agree that it is better to finish OPG before doing spelling, at his age, I believe that he needs to start on a spelling program. Maybe I am wrong, I don't know.

My ds is 7, but is a very remedial reader. If he were in school, he would supposed to be going into the 2nd grade, but he is just now reading CVC words fluently. That is why, even though I agree that it is better to finish OPG before doing spelling, at his age, I believe that he needs to start on a spelling program. Maybe I am wrong, I don't know.

I'm in a similar place with my ds7 twins who are beginning second grade. I'm using Webster's Speller for reading, but both of them know that they have to spell the words as well as read them. We've not done formal spelling, mostly because I think they are getting enough with the work we are doing with Webster's.

For this year I am going to get the ABC's and All Their Tricks to start laying down some spelling rules to go along with Webster's. I am simply not coordinated enough to use AAS-too many moving parts; well, too many for me.

What about the Explode the Code books? Someone once said that they go along very well with OPTGR.