Menu

What to do with leftover spaghetti noodles?

I have a lot of leftover spaghetti noodles but no idea what to do with them. We don't want to do spaghetti again. I do have green peppers, mushrooms, and other frozen veggies. I also have mozz, parmesan and cheddar cheese. Meats that I have: chicken, tuna, shrimp or hamburger.

Any ideas?

Do you have any eggs? You could make a frittata. The proporations are about as much egg as there are noodles. Heat up some olive oil in a pan, maybe some garlic, onions, mushrooms, whatever, cook them a bit then toss in the noodles and finally the eggs. It'll cook up more like a noodle pancake than an omelet.

Frittatas are really good for any leftover pasta, rice or potatoes.

Make a spaghetti pizza pie -

Spaghetti Pizza Pie

Prep. 15 min.

Cook. 30 min. at 350

Yield: 8 servings

8 oz. spaghetti, cooked and drained

½ C grated parmesan cheese

1 egg, lightly beaten

1 pound ground beef, cooked and drained

2 C spaghetti sauce

1 pkg (8 oz.) shredded mozzarella cheese

Toss cooked spaghetti, parmesan and egg. Place in greased 9 inch pie plate. Press along bottom and sides to form crust. Mix cooked meat and spaghetti sauce and spread over crust. Sprinkle all with mozzarella cheese. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting into pie slices to serve.

This is a huge hit at our house, and you're already a step ahead with the cooked noodles - HTH