Menu

All the Pregnant Ladies...Names?

We're having a girl, who will be named Clover Quinn.

Big sisters are Paisley Rain and Sailor Skye.

What cool names!

I also love Asher James and many of the others you all have shared!! Great taste. :)

We're having a boy and we're naming him Tadhgan (we ARE going to go with that spelling, I think we're okay with the pronunciation issue) Still not sure on a middle name, right now it is "Augustin."

We'll need all nine months to find and agree on something, I'm sure! :D

It took us all 9.5 months + 3 days to settle on something :tongue_smilie:. I had guidelines- it had to be pronouncible in English (my family) and Spanish (his), not be too long (double last name), etc....

For the middle name - do you all think it would be weird to give both our boys the same middle name? It is a family name on my dh's side - "Garr" (his first name, and his father's and grandfather's - they all have different mns.) I just don't think it's right that the first son gets to carry on the name, but not the others. Maybe I'm crazy :001_huh:? It's a very uncommon name and we considered using it as a first name, but dh gets tired of answering all the questions that go along with it lol. Another thought is to use it as first name, and call son by middle name. Any thoughts?

I think it's a cool idea, actually. I know a family, a large family I admire, with four sons (and two daughters). Each son has a unique first name and each has his father's name as the middle name. Yes, when I first heard it I thought it was unusual. And then I thought, "Cool." Each brother has the same connection to the same father, so it makes perfect sense. And none of the sons could ever feel slighted that he didn't get the same honor.

Of course, I might raise my eyebrow if you pulled a "George Foreman." :tongue_smilie:

And then I thought, "Cool." Each brother has the same connection to the same father, so it makes perfect sense. And none of the sons could ever feel slighted that he didn't get the same honor.

That's my thinking too :001_smile: thanks!

Of course, I might raise my eyebrow if you pulled a "George Foreman."

ok what am I missing here? :001_huh: :001_smile:

That's my thinking too :001_smile: thanks!

ok what am I missing here? :001_huh: :001_smile:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Foreman

Foreman has 10 children, and each of his five sons is named George: George Jr., George III, George IV, George V, and George VI. His four younger sons are distinguished from one another by the nicknames "Monk", "Big Wheel", "Red", and "Little Joey". He has two daughters, Freeda George and Georgetta. He also has three daughters from a separate relationship, Natalia, Michi and Leola.[14] He also adopted a daughter, Isabella Brandie Lilja (Foreman), in 2009.

That George has been a busy man. :)