Menu

Has anyone completed History Odyssey Ancients 2 ?

My guess would be that one could be fairly loose with the interpretation of the assignment. For example, to *me*, it is an incredible historical coincidence that Jefferson was a writer of the Constitution and John Adams helped to edit/refine it. Ok, that part isn't the coincidence. ;) Then, on July 4, 1826, exactly 50 years after its signing, both Jefferson and Adams died.

Maybe it's looking for something like that?

Lisa

I'm totally guessing because we haven't done HO 2 or even our second round of ancients yet, but maybe something like...

If you're looking for a coincidence, maybe times when history has repeated itself, so to speak (like similar tracks to cultures developing, or similar tracks in the types of leaders of various areas, or similar tracks in the downfall of various civilizations, etc...).

Maybe a difference could include an analysis of differnt cultures that became very stong powers, but through very different means (leaders, commerce, etc...).

???

Don't know, but figured I would toss out a few ideas.

We are on the final lesson. We've completed the Timeline Analysis. The directions are:

...choose 4-5 time spans where either a surprising difference, a powerful connection or an incredible coincidence occurred. Summarize these events in paragraph form...

Does anyone have a hint for me? :confused:

Here's another question for you-have you ever played the game Chrononauts? It's a card-based game. It's *wonderful* for seeing the connections in historical events. My sisters and I each have some of their games and we play the HECK out of them whenever we're together (we're dyed-in-the-wool nerds, comes from having cool parents, it was our rebellion).

http://wunderland.com/LooneyLabs/Chrononauts/Default.html