Menu

Letting go of things

I had a difficult time getting rid of all the baby things as my youngest dd grew out of them. I knew I would never have another baby but getting rid of that stuff just hurt so much because it was having to acknowledge it.

And now today, I have to face similar feelings. I'm going downstairs into my storage room and I'm going to purge all of my homeschooling materials and children's books. Okay, I'll be keeping a few of the books, but the majority are going to Good Will. I'm going to pack up curriculum and take it to a homeschool store and put it on the 'free materials' table, hopefully to bless other families. My children are in high school. All of that stuff is just taking up room. But I must say that I really, really miss our earlier homeschooling years. I remember having some hard days where I questioned our homeschooling choices, but overall, those years were really great. I can't believe it's been 10 years since I started.

:grouphug::grouphug:

We are in the "just getting started" phase but I can see how difficult it would be to move into the next phase and start getting rid of materials. That's wonderful that you are passing them on to families who can use them :)

Just wanted to send you some :grouphug:

:grouphug: I hear you. I can't even get rid of things I never managed to use and know I most likely will never use, just in case! It's so hard, but you'll feel better after it's done. And your idea for blessing others is a wonderful one. :grouphug: