Menu

History related Nintendo games?

My almost 9 year old son loves his Nintendo and seems very versed in whatever game/level he's on.

Had a thought, it's too bad there aren't any games that wove history into it, in a fun, competitive way that would make it a natural learning experience.

Unless I just don't know about them. Or, are there any kind of computer type games that do the same?? He's currently going through auditory processing and vision therapy, so it's a struggle to teach in the traditional manner at the moment, while he's doing so much therapy. Trying to think outside the box!

Thanks!!!

Sarah

I'm pretty sure there are a few based on historic figures and battles.

My ds is still sleeping. I'll ask him when he wakes up, although I assume that most the games would be rated T.

There are a few for animal science that are rated E, such as a zoo and vet one, plus a few others. I can't think of any of the titles.

Sorry, not much help right now, but I will ask ds when he gets up.

I read thru a list of "educational" games on amazon and this one stood out a little: http://www.amazon.com/History-Great-Empires-Rome-Nintendo-DS/dp/B001PA0FC2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1308422155&sr=1-1

Also, if you scroll down, you can see other things that might be a good fit ("other customers bought this instead" or "customers bought these things with this item" etc).

ETA: this game is from 2009, so it's one you might also be able to find used at GameStop or similar places.