Menu

Where did the bagged vacuum cleaners go?

I did my homework with Consumer Reports. Opted to buy a Hoover Windtunnel bagged (I hate the mess with the canister and they don't suck as well). Since when did Target and Walmart stop carrying the tride and true Hoover Windtunnel bagged? Now they only carry bagless! ARGH. I have to buy online and wait for it to arrive. :glare:

My husband has had to replace vacuum cleaners from time to time for his cleaning business. He always buys them from vacuum cleaner stores that sell reconditioned used models. He always buys the ones that use bags. Check the yellow pages, maybe.

ETA: This is the place my husband buys from in Northern Virginia: http://www.qualityvacuumsva.com/

I thought it was interesting that the first line of the website reads:

No more big box vacuums that break within a year.

Apparently it is a pretty common problem.

Edited by Kathleen in VA

Sam's had a commercial bagged last time I was there, but I don't know the brand. That's too bad, I found my Windtunnel at Walmart 4 years ago. I love it and don't trigger my allergies when emptying that stupid little tube. What idiot thought that would be better for people with allergies!