Menu

Tell me what kind of dessert to take to a spaghetti supper. My mind is fried.

brownies

bundt cake

pudding cake (you know, take a 9x13 sheet cake, poke holes in it, pour pudding over the top, chill, cover with cool whip and sprinkle the cool whip with candy crumbles of some sort.)

chocolate chip cookies

angel food cake w/strawberries and cool whip

One cake that everyone loves and it's easy is the cookies and cream cake. This is my stand-by for taking dessert to a BBQ or whatnot when I don't have a lot of time (and it's the ONLY time my kids get oreos, poor things):

Cake:

12 oreos, chopped

1 package white cake mix

2/4 cup water

1/2 cup sour cream

3 egg whites

2 Tablespoons vegetable oil

Icing:

4 oreos, chopped

1 1/2 cups powdered sugar

1/2 cup sour cream

3 Tablespoons butter, softened

Preheat oven to 325, butter and flour a bundt pan. Combine cake mix, water, sour cream, egg whites and oil in a bowl, mix according to package directions. Pour half the batter into the pan, sprinkle the chopped cookies over the batter (ideally don't let them touch the side but I don't worry about that) then spoon the rest of the batter into the pan. Bake for 50-55 minutes.

After the cake is cooled beat the icing ingredients and sort of pour it over the cake. Sprinkle the remaining chopped cookies on top.

Magic cookie bars are also easy and always a big hit:

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Magic-Cookie-Bars-from-EAGLE-BRAND/Detail.aspx

I'm working tonight, but this is what I'd bring...Strawberry Gelatin, Frozen Strawberries in juice (thawed)... use a pear juice instead of cold water. This should be pretty thick...

Chill.

Topping:

1 part cream cheese (thawed)

1 part sour cream

1.5 tsp vanilla

1/2 c. sugar (add to taste)

spread over the top of the salad...

for extra fun... add finely chopped pecans or almonds.

YUM.

ONe thing that I found was VERY popular when I made them one time for a similar thing: Strawberries are coming out--the big, beautiful ones! Just heat up some milk chocolate and some white chocolate and dip the strawberries!

The white chocolate dipped strawberries were the first dessert to disappear! Simple, but YUMMY!