Menu

Simply Music -- have you tried it?

mom@shiloh

Wow, there aren't even reviews at homeschoolreviews.com.

Here's a very, very lengthy and enthusiastic blog post by someone else who was also somewhat stymied by the lack of information on the website and reviews elsewhere. It even includes an interview with the blogger's daughter, who was the student using it. It also has excerpts from and links to other reviews. It might help you make your decision.

(And at least you got a response on this thread, right?)

Edited by morosophe

My dd7 is using it this year with great success. It is auditory/pattern based, and allows students to start playing songs from day 1. DD is an auditory learner, and she also is good with patterns, so it's a great fit.

She's been in it since last September and she's learned many songs with a great variety of styles. She's learning to play chords and accompaniment too. I think if we stick with the program, she'll eventually learn to read music, but not in the first year.

I have been very impressed with the program so far, and the kiddo loves it. Our teacher has the moms sit in the class with the kids, so we're all learning too. It definitely works for adults, and my dd has had no trouble with it. I wouldn't recommend it for a kid under six because it does require some focus, but it's not hard to learn.

So, I know I sound like an infommertial, but that's our experience. We will be continuing with it next year.

Joann