Menu

Singapore 2B Standards ed. question

JennyD

We have been doing the U.S. edition until now and I thought I'd give the Standards edition a try for 2B. (The Singapore website assures me that it's okay to switch between A and B up to level 3.) However, I don't see an Intensive Practice book available for the Standards editions, only the U.S. ones. The IP -- especially the puzzles -- has been a key component for us. Is any of the IP material incorporated elsewhere in Standards, by any chance?

We use the Standards edition but have to resort to IP US edition for now. I'm currently buying our 2A/B materials, but am really hoping that IP Standards will be released soon. I am on their forums right now, I should just ask.

So far, there has been maybe one section in each of the books that is in the standards edition, but not the IP, if that. The primary difference seems to be the more frequent reviews in the Standards edition, at least in the earlier levels.

I'm currently using a different series from Singapore for 3A (Shing Lee vs Mitchell Cavendish) and the IP from the US edition lines up perfectly, so I think the Singapore curriculum sequence is pretty set and that differences are in added material only.

We are about to finish the core of SE 2B (but still have a good deal to do in the 2B US Edition IP).

We have used the IPs from 1A along with the Standards Edition series. They are a critical part of the math program. Thus far the fact that they are from different editions has present no problems for us.

I have not tried to schedule like topics anyway but rather use the IPs regularly but haphazardly and figure it gives review and the interesting extra challenge.

The short answer is using the US IPs and the SE Textbooks/Workbooks has been no problem for us.

Bill

It's in 3 that the differences start. Some of the topics in Standards 3A were in 3B IP and vice versa. It's not hard to match up though - and I like the extra practice available with IP even though there isn't a standards version.