Little boys: ages 7&9

HOD Preparing Hearts for His Glory

CLE reading, math and LA

Phys Ed: soccer, swim team, tennis etc.

Dd13

Sonlight core W.

CLE math, reading and LA

American Sign Language

Phys Ed: summer swim team, winter..yoga...wii fit.

Ds 17:

4 CLEP exams...1 math, 1 English, 1 Social Studies, 1 Science

HVAC apprentice 20-30 hours a week.

Doing a one year World History, puts us in place to begin a 4 year history cycle....we will probably continue with HOD with the boys and do MFW for dd's high school.

So, that is the final decision....

Faithe

Looks like we have similar plans for our littles. They are all doing HOD plus CLE for Math, LA, and Reading. I am excited and glad to see that there is someone else using CLE as well with HOD.

I love CLE....and I have no intentions of dropping it. HOD will work really nicely for my 2 little guys....I hope:D. I really wanted to do a full year of World History before starting a new rotation....this looks like the best plan...and the nicest part, is I already have most of the readers....happy me.

Faithe

I plan to continure with HOD for the littles and when my oldest is in HS next year, he will do MFW HS. He is doing a year of BJU History as a wrap up because we just finished the MFW cycle and I thought he needed a year to be ready for the high school program. I have heard it is pretty challenging.

By the time my younger ones are old enough, HOD HS will be out and I will be able to decide which is better.

I plan to continure with HOD for the littles and when my oldest is in HS next year, he will do MFW HS. He is doing a year of BJU History as a wrap up because we just finished the MFW cycle and I thought he needed a year to be ready for the high school program. I have heard it is pretty challenging.

By the time my younger ones are old enough, HOD HS will be out and I will be able to decide which is better.

Exactly my plan. Dd needs a year to mature and read fun, engaging books. Sonlight fits the bill there. We also took such a long run on her last history cycle....we started SoTW 1 when she was in 2 nd grade. I think an overview/ review of all hx will be fun. Same with the boys....then we can go through in depth. Phew! I am glad I settled that in my mind. I really struggled over it all this year....sigh.

Faithe