Menu

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My husband is a preacher in the church of Christ. We have visited many different congregations in Texas and a few outside the state, I have never seen these tracts. I just got done looking at them on the website and I do not agree with what they say. Even the plan of salvation at the end of the tract goes against what the Bible teaches.

I have *never* seen these in a Church of Christ either. Generally, churches of Christ do not teach the "Sinner's prayer" (although what you find done at an individual church could vary because there is no governing body).

I do remember seeing these tracts at school or in Halloween goodies.

I used to see them at the laundromat a lot.

I have to say that I haven't seen any in a while, but someone showed me a new one recently -- mean momma? I was astonished at how unspeakably vile it was. It seems every time you get 'he can't get worse', he does. Don't go looking for it if you're not ready to puke.

I have *never* seen these in a Church of Christ either. Generally, churches of Christ do not teach the "Sinner's prayer" (although what you find done at an individual church could vary because there is no governing body).

I do remember seeing these tracts at school or in Halloween goodies.

:iagree:I am church of Christ and grew up in the church of Christ. Other than bathrooms, store shelves, and under windshield wipers I never saw any of these tracts. They do not agree with what our church teaches so I find it interesting that people have seen them in the churches. Each church is autonomous however so maybe some local elders made that decision.

:iagree:I am church of Christ and grew up in the church of Christ. Other than bathrooms, store shelves, and under windshield wipers I never saw any of these tracts. They do not agree with what our church teaches so I find it interesting that people have seen them in the churches. Each church is autonomous however so maybe some local elders made that decision.

I hope I haven't offended you all. I wonder if it has to do with the area? But we moved around a lot, so I've been to quite a few CoCs. Denton & South TX primarily. Now I can't remember for sure if they all had them or not, I just don't know where else I would have seen them...I know for sure the church in S TX had them...I'd read them while Mom made stuff for Sunday School classes or VBS.

We left the CoC when I was 10. I think I've seen these once since then, & it was in an oooold Baptist church.