Menu

Skin tag removal scaring.....

About a month ago I had 37 skin tags removed. About 15 were on my neck and the rest were on my underarms. It hurt like heck!!! Well, I still have the brown burn marks and they are bigger than the skin tags were. I have had this done before but I do not remember it taking so long to heal.

Anyone here have skin tags frozen off with liquid nitrogen? Is this normal and I just have to wait longer? Is there anything I can do or put on them that will help the scars minimize? When I google it I cannot find any reference to the brown scars I have....only one mention that an office never had anyone say that whatever scars were left were worse than the tags before hand. I actually think mine are. :crying:

Help! It is summer and very embarrassing!

I have had many taken off over the past couple of years. The last batch took longer to fade than usual. I had lovely brown circles, kinda like a small donuts, on my neck for probably 6 months. They are gone now. I'm afraid some just take time to go away. I would do it all over again though. I hate those stupid skin thingies.

Have you asked your doctor what you can put on them to help them fade? I would think a little sun might help. Consider also that you probably notice the spots more than anyone else would. There's some scary body parts out there these days. Don't worry; enjoy your summer! ;)

About a month ago I had 37 skin tags removed. About 15 were on my neck and the rest were on my underarms. It hurt like heck!!! Well, I still have the brown burn marks and they are bigger than the skin tags were. I have had this done before but I do not remember it taking so long to heal.

Anyone here have skin tags frozen off with liquid nitrogen? Is this normal and I just have to wait longer? Is there anything I can do or put on them that will help the scars minimize? When I google it I cannot find any reference to the brown scars I have....only one mention that an office never had anyone say that whatever scars were left were worse than the tags before hand. I actually think mine are. :crying:

Help! It is summer and very embarrassing!

How big are your spots? Would most people think they are freckles or moles? I've great honking freckles on my shoulders and they get smaller as they trail down my arms.

That is good news! I was 8 years younger last time and I wonder if my age is catching up on me. Next time I will make a mental note of doing it in the fall so I can wear turtle necks. Hopefully this will keep them away for a few years.

I hate them, too.

How big are your spots? Would most people think they are freckles or moles? I've great honking freckles on my shoulders and they get smaller as they trail down my arms.

1/2 cm in diameter at least.

They might pass for liver spots but that does not make me feel better. :tongue_smilie:

I have a friend with a ga-zillion skin tags, but her doctor recommended not having them removed due to the fact she has had problem with keloids (very thick scar formations). He said some people can form really nasty scars. This would be unusual though if you never had a scarring problem before.

I have a friend with a ga-zillion skin tags, but her doctor recommended not having them removed due to the fact she has had problem with keloids (very thick scar formations). He said some people can form really nasty scars. This would be unusual though if you never had a scarring problem before.

No these are brown and flat....definately not keloid. Interesting, though, my daughter had a keloid scar in the last three years. I hope she avoids any future ones because it really hurt her.

• 1 year later...