Menu

English for the Thoughtful Child???

buttercup

I like it. I used it some with my oldest dd but she was in school until 4th grade so only used it as afterschooling. I plan on using it with dd7 for 2nd grade grammar next year.

I don't really enjoy things that are really scripted so find this book gentle enough for young kids but not over scripted.

I bought this last year for our future use (we begin K in fall) and I recall opening the box, looking it over and thinking, "I can't believe I paid money for this?" I can't recall exactly WHY I thought that, but I do remember thinking it. I'll go downstairs and look at it to jog my memory. :glare:

I used it with my daugther for a few of her earlier years. I liked it well enough when I was using it but honestly I had better results with FLL and it was easier to use in retrospect. I like scripted teachers manuals so that is worth keeping in mind.

Thanks to all that responded. I did check out all of the helpful links that were posted. I have just come to realize that I wish I would have used something similar to this, with my now almost 5th grader. He has always used grammar curricula that require so much writing, but there was never an emphasis on orally communicating. Now he is struggling in the area of writing or even giving any oral narration. When he speaks he tends to stumble over his words. It seems that he is talking quicker than he is thinking about what he is saying. I do now want to make the same mistake with my 2 younger dds. I also would like to help him improve in this area. Thanks again!