Menu

Is there a way to play the TT CDs a bit faster?

This might be a long shot, but maybe you could check software for transcribing? I do some similar stuff for work part-time from home, and I know there are lots of options for plain audio. Maybe there are some for video too? The transcribing stuff I've heard about uses keyboard keys or a foot pedal, and you can speed up or slow down audio while you type.

Is there a way to play CDs on the computer and speed up the pace? TT might be a good fit for one of my dc, but the man speaks slowly (at least on the online samples), and it's frustrating to us. Any ideas?

I know there must be a way because my son was speeding up his Apologia Red Wagon Tutorial DVD. I actually made him stop and listen regular speed, but that's another matter!

I had the feeling it was only regular or fast, not anything in between, but my son is in bed right now.

I know there must be a way because my son was speeding up his Apologia Red Wagon Tutorial DVD. I actually made him stop and listen regular speed, but that's another matter!

I had the feeling it was only regular or fast, not anything in between, but my son is in bed right now.

I'm glad to hear that my son is not the only one! He listens to 45min history lectures, and I eventually figured out it wasn't taking 45min.

In Windows Media Player, you can set the speed to slow, normal, and fast.

HTH!

All of my students complain about this too! The lecturer seems to belabor every point--overexplaining everything, which I'm sure is great for some kids, but for my students it is very frustrating. This isn't really a way to speed up the CD's, as far as I know, but when we "get it" and he's still talking, we use the mouse to move the tab thingie at the bottom incrementally to the right so that we can get on with it.

In Windows Media Player, you can set the speed to slow, normal, and fast.

HTH!

Thank you for this suggestion! If we do buy the TT, that's exactly what we'll do! It may come in handy for some other things, as well. :001_smile:

All of my students complain about this too! The lecturer seems to belabor every point--overexplaining everything, which I'm sure is great for some kids, but for my students it is very frustrating. This isn't really a way to speed up the CD's, as far as I know, but when we "get it" and he's still talking, we use the mouse to move the tab thingie at the bottom incrementally to the right so that we can get on with it.

:iagree:With TT (we use it) it is aimed at the non-mathy student who does not get it... this is why the lectures "kill the dead horse" repeatedly according to my son. ;)

As a result, we now do not listen to the lectures on CD. I have son read the text. I assign him the practice set to make sure he comprehends. If not, I pop in the lecture and practice CD and make him listen to it -- and then assign a similar problem (noted on the A,B,C,D, or E in assigned problems by the #) on the whiteboard to prove to me he is understanding the material. Then I assign him the daily work for independent time. So far, it works for him?