Menu

Kinetic Books Algebra--Complete or still unfinished?

Ok Ladies,

I'm trying to rescue Algebra for my frustrated non-mathy, non-schooly, just wants to get it over with dd.

We started with Saxon last year through a virtual school and bombed--hated it. It's not the curriculum; just doesn't fit this kid. Tried "Key to" series, but it just wasn't enough. I found TT Geometry fairly cheap and so she decided to work with that and Algebra has been on the back shelf. I know! Bad plan.

So, I'm following another algebra thread and that sent me to check out Kinetic books, but the homeschool part of the website says that some of the videos are finished but won't be complete until Thanksgiving. Is that really the case, or is that old info? If it's not complete, how are so many of you using it?

Help! and thanks! :)

We purchased it before they started creating the HS versions. I wish we had the HS version as there have been times I needed to explain more or figure out problems that didn't have included solution (standardized test questions at end of unit). I don't know if that is old news or not on the website, but our experience has led me to wish we had the HS version, if that helps any. Perhaps you could email them? They have been great about getting back to me when I've had questions.

While the videos may not be finished, the program itself is. My 10th grade dd used Kinetic Books Algebra I in 7th and 8th grades.

You can get the regular version, which has been complete for several years or you can get the hs version which only has some of the added material (videos and online gradebook).

My 10th grader is using KB Algebra II right now. The only problem we've had is that they had a misprint in chapter 10 section 24 where they contradicted themselves. They're fixing it in the next version.