Menu

iPad or iPad 2?

We purchased a refurbished 1st Gen. when the 2nd came out and the prices dropped. I did not care about the camera. The 2nd generation has a faster processor, but I am so very happy with our iPad. I tend towards having more memory . . .

I went through this same decision making process in March. We had an IPad2 on order and I was able to get a 32g Ipad (1) for a great deal.

I went with the Ipad and cancelled my Ipad2 order. I'm completely happy with the decision. It would be nice to Skype with the camera on the Ipad2 but not worth the extra couple hundred bucks to me in the end.

Got my 1st gen iPad 11 days before iPad 2 came out. We had the option of returning it and getting gen 2, or keeping it and getting money back. I took the money. We are really enjoying the iPad. No, it doesn't do everything I want it to, but for us it's worth it.

I am still tempted by the iPad 2. I have yet to touch one.

I got the ipad2. I took it with me 2 weeks ago to the beach with my girlfriends. One of them had an ipad1. We compared notes and I was glad I went with the newer one. It is faster, has the camera, and is lighter and thinner.

Dawn

I'd probably go with the iPad 64GB. That's a lot more memory than 16GB! The iPad2 does have some cool features, but 16GB is not a ton of memory if you're going to use it a lot, store lots of apps, music, movies, books, etc.

Wendi

I would also go with the 64g. I was blessed to get my husband's ipad when he got the ipad2. Unless you really need a camera I would still pick the first one. You won't believe how much memory you can use, and I think you will be very thankful to have 64g. I have used both and am still very happy with the original ipad. Enjoy whichever you get! :hurray:

I just saw your additional question. You can store and edit photos, download movies and tv, books, music and more apps. I am finding I can use the ipad for more and more almost (not totally) replacing my desktop.

Edited by AlisonK
Answered second question

I went with the mid range memory, 32gb.

So far, I haven't even filled up half of it.

It still can hold a LOT of music, several movies, a ton of audio and Kindle type books, etc...

However, I tend to put watched movies and read books back on my computer for holding it rather than walking around with 20 movies and 40 e-books on my handheld device. I just don't rewatch that many movies or re-read that many books.

Since it is so easy to sync your device to your computer and remove and add the above, I just don't see the need to keep it all on my ipad.

I was concerned about filling up 16gb, but it is going to take me quite a while to fill up 32gb.

Dawn

So now the next question: What would I need/want the extra memory for? (I'm a bit of a techno-dunce.)