Menu

I'm 90% sure on AAS, can you help with the last 10%?

AAS just levels 1 and 2 will run me $130ish. I'm pretty sure it looks right for dd, and can eventually be used with ds.

If ds's eye appt shows that he has vision issues, he can work on vision therapy, and hopefully make lots of jumps in academics. If the appt does not show issues, he has a reading disability, and my research is telling me AAS will be a good fit for him anyway.

Thoughts?

If the cost is holding you back, I understand. However, the strides my 8 yo has made since we've started using AAS convinces me that it is worth every penny. I would have paid 10 times the amount to hear him finally say, "I'm a reader!," which he did last week!

Like you said, you can use it for other children or it can be easily resold. They go like hotcakes on the for sale board here.

I see you're off to order but just wanted to add....

The first year I used it with both of my kids (suspected dyslexia), their reading levels went up 2 full grade levels. And that was BEFORE doing vision therapy for my oldest (who really needed it--he improved tons after that too). So it really helped before and after vision therapy as well as my child who just struggled but didn't need vt. I hope it works out well for you!

Merry :-)

You're still going to want AAS, even with VT. You made a good choice. However I suggest you do your VT for a while first and focus on doing the homework for it, then jump into AAS. About 2 months into VT, my dd then 11, started asking me the sounds for C, something we had worked on every year since she was 5. You can't rush the changes and the readiness to process visually. So do the VT, and when things start to click, come in with AAS.

Thank you both!

I went ahead and ordered, regardless of what happens at the eye appt in 2 weeks, because I'm going to work with dd. IF ds needs VT, hopefully he'll get a lot done this summer and I'll hold off on all curriculum. If he does not need VT, we'll school lite over the summer, but still not with AAS.