Menu

Your last 2 weeks of school ~

What do you do during the last 2 weeks? (besides trying to finish anything that you really think should be finished?)

I'm looking for 'fun' ways to celebrate the year and celebrate everything we have learned. At this point my only thought is to keep trudging through until the end.

TIA!

I have a friend who names each day of the last week of school and they do something to correlate (I'm sure she plans, then names). Something like "Blast Friday" and they'll go get Arctic Blasts from Target. Its not anything huge each day, but when you have a whole week of things like that the kids look forward to it. Big things/trips can be interspersed as budgets allow.

you know, I want to be like that, and at the beginning of the year I am more creative and "fun", but...my dd and I are both sooo burned out. She has begged out of any supplemental reading/activities/arts & crafts/even field trips to just finish the core stuff left these last 2 weeks...and I, gratefully, agreed! this has been a tough year. We moved, I married, and my dad unexpectedly passed away the day after Easter, which involved a prolonged trip out of state for us... we just want a good long break, and then a year with uninterrupted routine. We both thrive on simple, routine.... The best I can do is praise her every day for doing such a good job on her studies, and try to push thru to the finish line.

Let dd sleep later. She considers that fun.

Yep! Dd slept 45-60 minutes later for the last two-three official weeks of school.

I also purposely plan most subjects to be 32-34 weeks (instead of 36), so by the end of the year she was just doing math, some writing, ITBS prep, and work for her online class.