Menu

We may have to put our dog down tonight

He is not doing well. He has had 4 seizures today and threw up twice.

He is only 6. He has a seizure disorder and is unmedicated due to being aggressive on medication and due to us being poor.

I am so upset. He is such a good boy!

He is a beautiful 100lb + black lab.

Waiting for vet to call me back.

:grouphug: He made it through the night. One more seizure at 4am. Ate a little bit ago, but may have come back up and been re-eaten. Not sure if pile outside was from middle of night of not.

Talked to vet for almost an hour. At this point we are going to see if we can treat what is going on before we make a final decision.

Please send prayers for wisdom and that the vet would work out a payment plan. Otherwise we will have no choice. :(

Thank you all!

I hope everything works out for him. I can totally relate. My beloved Standard Poodle has seizures. Lucky for us and him, he can tolerate the medication. Did you try adjusting the amount of his medicine? It took awhile for us to find the right dose for our dogs. However, we didn't have to deal with aggression so I understand your problem is bigger than ours. It is heartbreaking to see a beloved pet struggle. You and him are in my prayers.

Suzanne