Menu

For people who like to reuse workbooks.

mystika1

Hi,

I have been using sheet protectors to cover the pages of our workbooks(and use wet erase markers) but I needed a better way to protect the entire book. My dd would end up waving the marker and writing on the oposite page in the book! I think I have found the solution. A 2 Gallon Ziploc bag slides over the entire book! Just thought I'd pass that along.

HTH,

Penny

Interesting!!!!!

I'm trying to get as much mileage as possible out of our workbooks so I will either pull the pages out if they're perforated and put them individually in page protectors in a 3 ring binder or I use 2 page protectors to protect 4 pages at a time in whatever workbook we're working in. That's plenty for my littles for right now but my littlest likes to write on the opposite page while my middle-man is doing his schoolwork so I try to put page protectors on all the pages we'll be working on that day and maybe the next.

Something that has been a huge help to us... we were using dry erase markers but my ds is a lefty and kept erasing his work as he was writing. We decided to try his dry erase crayons and those were the ticket! The crayon is just waxy enough not to smear or erase, but still comes off cleanly when we erase it with a dry erase(er). :) Maybe that can help someone else too! :D

We did the page protectors in a binder the first two years of homeschooling. This year I am letting them write to their hearts content in the workbooks. It was sad to see them have to erase away their work that they had worked so hard on. Plus it is a pain to erase them all at the end of the year... and it never seems to get done right away.

We did the page protectors in a binder the first two years of homeschooling. This year I am letting them write to their hearts content in the workbooks. It was sad to see them have to erase away their work that they had worked so hard on. Plus it is a pain to erase them all at the end of the year... and it never seems to get done right away.

I did this for a year and while it was sad that we had to erase Adrian's work, what was even more sad was how much it affected his beautiful handwriting, which started getting sloppy due to the markers. It has taken just as much hard work trying to get him back to the beautiful handwriting he had. Never again :glare:! From now on I will gladly dish out the money to replace the workbooks. Just thought I would share our experience also.

I found the same problems here with handwriting and disappointment. I would need to photocopy the completed work for our portfolio too, especially if it was well done.

I use the page protectors for items like drawing over a map to illustrate a war or jouney - WWI or Explorers. We have an atlas in a binder - printed maps from KQM.

I use the page protectors for math facts. I tire of printing. I print once. We have a 3-ring notebook that holds all of the multiplication and division facts with answer sheets. I assign 2-5 sheets a day. :001_smile:

A sheet is assigned for every groan and mumble ... it could number quite a few! Hey, she is learning the facts now.:lol: