Menu

For Sale board??

So I recently posted a number of books on the for sale board. I thought that I priced them pretty cheap. What had me going "huh?" is that I noticed that one of my items(for example-R&S 2 english books)was priced at $12($15ppd), but someone bought them from someone else for $20??

What do you think I am doing wrong? Should I raise my prices?:glare:

In general, I would be more likely to buy from a long-term boardie, or one I feel I "know" better, or one with whom I've done business before. Or maybe they were buying other items, or made a lower offer that was accepted, or entered a search for whatever reason did not pick up your post. In the past, I have contacted someone who bought my earlier levels of Singapore Math, letting her know we had completed another book and that I was selling it. There are countless possibilities.

LOL about raising your prices! Maybe they thought the $$ book would be in better condition.

:001_smile:

I usually only buy (or consider) if I am very familiar with the poster. Not sure if that's the case here, but I know I don't like to take a chance. There have been lots of times that I've wanted something, but I just didn't know who it was that was selling it. That's just me.

It could've been a trade.

A low offer was accepted.

They saved on shipping because it was combined with other stuff.

A transaction that happened before the buyer saw your post.

They could've been friends.

Previous positive experience with the seller.

The buyer bought from that seller because that seller had bought from them before...

Really, it could've been any number of things and the only way to know is to ask the buyer why they bought from the other seller instead of you.

Personally, I only buy when it is ppd because it's annoying to have to pm back and forth postage fees...

Thanks all!

I actually am a long term boardie, but I stay fairly quiet. I have just felt so frustrated about selling curriculum lately. We had a local sale....I priced things so cheap and still nothing sold. I had like new, popular curriculum priced at $2 and still didn't sell. Maybe I should just donate it all (which would be a good thing).

Have you tried homeschoolclassifieds.com? It lets you list a few items for free.

I've had good luck there.

Also, it's kind of weird time of year to be buying curriculum...I think late summer/early fall and spring are the best time when things go fast.

We had a local sale....I priced things so cheap and still nothing sold. I had like new, popular curriculum priced at $2 and still didn't sell. Maybe I should just donate it all (which would be a good thing).

Not to derail, but I noticed this too. I recently sold a bunch of stuff to people in my local group, but still have a lot that didn't sell. I've always been able to get rid of stuff easily and at a reasonable price. I will probably end up listing on ebay, but that's such a pain and the fees make some things not worth it. On the other hand, places like Amazon or half.com can have your stuff sitting in your house forever while you hope someone finds it in a search. I really want the books (and a few hands on materials) out of my house, but I'd also like to recoup at least some of my costs. It is frustrating, I agree.