Menu

Do you buy household items online for cheaper?

I am looking at the best way to shop for household items while saving time and money.

I usually shop for these type items at Sam's & Walmart but had a friend mention that I might even be able to get better deals online and if I have a large enough order ~ free shipping.

I would love some advice on this;) ~ have you done this before? Did it work out well? Save time/money??

Also, what are the best sites to order from?

Thanks!! :D

I would love some advice on this;) ~ have you done this before? Did it work out well? Save time/money??

Also, what are the best sites to order from?

Thanks!! :D

I do this for a number of things - and often what I buy online depends on if I find it cheaper online at that point in time. Many items I find at Amazon (and I did buy a Prime membership at the beginning of this year and I love it!). Other items I will just do a Google search for and see how the prices compare.

I signed up for Amazon Mom, so I get free Prime (yay!), and an extra discount on diapers (yay II!) which make them the cheapest I've bought online or in store. I've found some great deals on household stuff, like batteries and snack foods, but they are hit and miss. The prices go up and down, and the items change or the brands change. You have to be willing to search, or to spend some time on a forum that posts good deals. For that I recommend slickdeals and fishingfordeals.

I shop online frequently. It saves me time and money. Lots of time.

I order mostly from Amazon.com. Subscribe and save will save you more money. I also have an Amazon Prime membership so I get free shipping. I buy toilet paper, kleenex, batteries, Sunbutter, allergy free chocolate chips (don't order in the summer), dish soap, qtips, floss, rice n shine, arrowroot powder, tea (loose and teabags), soapnuts, apple cider vinegar, and lots more.

I order brown rice in 50# bags from Honeyville. Store them in the freezer.

Ebay is good for some things, like bulk lots of toothbrushes.

Vitacost.com or Bulk Herb Store is where I get our vitamins and supplements.

Staples.com will deliver. I do shop the back to school sales, but the rest of the year, I order office supplies from them. Let them wrestle with the big boxes of computer paper.

I stock up on coconut oil and coconut flakes from Tropical Traditions when they have a sale on.

Curriculum comes mostly from Rainbow Resource, Amazon, or CBD. I save up for RR until I get free shipping. I only order from CBD when I have a free shipping code.

I do not like shopping, except for the fabric store. With online ordering, I can order whenever it is convenient and not have to arrange the farm chores, getting six children to town, lunch to take with us, missing time at home, etc. There are a few things I don't order online. Dh goes to Lowe's and the feedstore. We buy dog food 4 times a year and store the extra in the chest freezer. I go to the fabric store:001_smile: Grocery shopping is done weekly. Shoe store once a year. Academy for bikes and sports things. Maybe 1-2 a year dh goes to the office supply store in person. Other than that, I order online. It has been years since we needed to go to the mall, and we go to Walmart/Target type stores maybe twice a year for something we just can't get elsewhere.

Shopping online does save money, but it also saves the money you can't see. Money for the impulse items, the convenience foods because you weren't home to make something to eat, fuel for the car, etc.

Blessings,

Melinda

I don't normally order household products online, but I love Mrs. Meyer's All-Purpose Cleaner, and I ended up using Amazon's "subscribe and save" for a six-month supply. Much cheaper than buying separate bottles, and this way I'll be sure to have more come when I need it.