Menu

I'm feeling a little guilty....

We had a wonderful day - this is not usually the case for my birthday or Mother's Day, when I invariably wish I'd run away. We went to a park and had breakfast and lunch at the small tea room there, and I spent hours and hours lying on a blanket on the grass while dh fished with the little one and both kids played in the river. AND dh upgraded my cell package to include an iPhone - a great gift for minimal cost - perfect as I hate wasting money! We stopped for baklava on the way home, then I had a late afternoon nap.

I have had a great day. I talked to my son in Japan on Skype and the rest of my kids were here. My wonderful dil cooked me lunch and everyone has waited on me hand and foot. My dh made me a picnic table (I have been wanting a new one) and planted flowers with me. My kids bought me small things they knew I would like and my 12yo son made me a cutting board all by himself.

Happy Mother's Day everyone!!

I had a very nice day! I got to sleep in, my boys bought me a pair of earrings and a silver cross necklace, we went to church, hung around, dh has been doing everything, and then we went to dinner at one of my favorite burger restaurants. Simple, quiet, and easy. I'm happy! :D

Great Day! Hubby has been working out of town for the past week and won't be home until tomorrow night. Two of my sons are away at school. So that left me with the 2 youngest. We got together with my sister, her dh, her son, his wife, and their little boy. We grilled and had homemade ice cream.

I took the boys to Lowes and bought a huge cart of flowers/other plants. They will be planting them tomorrow for me as my mother's day gift. Yay!

We have dear friends who are watching their wife and mom (age 55) die of metastatic brain cancer. She is at home on hospice and has maybe a couple of weeks left. This hit her just 6 weeks ago. Today I was grateful to have part of my family home and know that the others were safe, wishing they were home with us.

I'm not big on Hallmark holidays. It means more to me to have my kids do something out of the blue rather than wait for the Hallmark day. I feel sorry for those mothers who are disappointed in their gifts or how they were treated. I also feel sorry for their kids and husbands.

I'm blessed with an incredible husband who always treats me wonderfully, but this weekend he outdid himself!

Yesterday he begged to give me my present early because it was a really hot day and he thought I might want to use it. He bought me an ice cream maker and even spent a bit more to get the red one! I mentioned wanting one a few weeks ago and he remembered. He had already consulted me and bought me a movie and a season of a TV show so this was a complete surprise!

This morning I woke up to discover that he had gotten up in the middle of the night to finish a boring sorting project that we've been procrastinating about for weeks.

He took me to Starbucks for breakfast before church.

After church he washed dishes and watched Keaton while I did some sewing and embroidery I've been wanting to do.

Now we're watching Gilmore Girls while he wrestles with Keaton.

It's been a great day!

I had a wonderful day. DH brought flowers when he got home from work this morning, and a card for the boys to give me which DS4 signed. :D DS4 remembered this morning that it was Mother's Day - I love that he's getting big enough for these kind of things. While DH slept during the day, the boys and I played outside, then splurged with a trip to Starbucks for iced coffee for mama and apple juice for boys. The lady in the drivethru complimented the cardboard/foam shapes/sparkle bracelet DS4 made for me. We went to JoAnns for Superman fabric for summer pj shorts. And DH ordered pizza when he got up, including a small spinach pizza for me. Nothing major, still did dishes and laundry etc, but a happy day. I love being a mommy.

We had a wonderful day - this is not usually the case for my birthday or Mother's Day, when I invariably wish I'd run away. We went to a park and had breakfast and lunch at the small tea room there, and I spent hours and hours lying on a blanket on the grass while dh fished with the little one and both kids played in the river. AND dh upgraded my cell package to include an iPhone - a great gift for minimal cost - perfect as I hate wasting money! We stopped for baklava on the way home, then I had a late afternoon nap.

Happy Birthday!:grouphug: It's my birthday too;).