Menu

Large family lodging in/near D.C.?

I feel I should title this "and now for something completely different..."

The alternative to our Road Trip West is our Road Trip East - visiting places like Colonial Williamsburg, Jamestown, and Washington DC.

We'd likely be going in early September (roughly a 2-week trip) and could stay in hotels or possibly rent a camper/pop-up tent (we've got Boy Scouts here :)). We could possibly do both (I haven't been camping for so long!!) My main concern about visiting D.C. is finding reasonable lodging for 8 (in a hotel, that usually means 2 rooms) and then being able to maneuver around the city.

Any ideas?

P.S. I found Lori D.'s itinerary for their trip - what a fantastic list!

Colonial Williamsburg, Jamestown, Yorktown & the Powhatan Village have 2 Homeschool weeks in September. I found a 3,000 square foot, 4 bedroom condo for 5 nights for $350. (total, not per night) awesome deal. Tickets during this time are fairly discounted. Our family of 6 can go for the whole week, to all of those, for around $140 total.

I can try to track down a link if you're interested.

Colonial Williamsburg, Jamestown, Yorktown & the Powhatan Village have 2 Homeschool weeks in September. I found a 3,000 square foot, 4 bedroom condo for 5 nights for $350. (total, not per night) awesome deal. Tickets during this time are fairly discounted. Our family of 6 can go for the whole week, to all of those, for around $140 total.

I can try to track down a link if you're interested.

If you can find it, I'll look into it!