Menu

Could y'all help my dd with a project?

She is trying to collect postcards from all 50 states. Thanks to some very kind online and RL friends of mine, she has quite a few already, but I think we're about tapped out. I would like to see her be able to complete this project, as it was her idea. She even spent her own money on a post office box so that we could share her address. :)

Each time she gets a postcard, she marks the city (if known) on her US map, reads about the state in a book she has, and she adds the state to her magnetic puzzle map of the US. She plans to lay out the postcards in the shape of the US when she gets all of them. She still needs the following states:

(updated)

Alaska

Arkansas

Colorado

Idaho

Maine

Maryland

Mississippi

Montana

Nevada

New Hampshire

New Mexico

New York

North Dakota

Oklahoma

Rhode Island

South Dakota

Texas

Utah

Vermont

West Virginia

Wyoming

If you would be willing to mail a postcard, please post on this thread and I will pm you her address. TIA.

Edited by ravinlunachick
update list

No, gingerh, she just wants to arrange the postcards in the general shape of the US. I think I will suggest cutting out a frame for each postcard, in the state's shape, to make a more accurate map. She has decided that she wants to mount them on her bedroom wall once the project is over. For now, they are stored in a special box, and she takes them out to read and organize quite often.

Hedgehog, Bug would go bonkers over a postcard from another country! Are you offering? ;)