Menu

I'm sitting on a stool in my kitchen...

waiting for the cats to fully kill a mouse. It's putting up such a fight - what a brave little guy. But he's hopping around, not very quickly, so he's no longer much of a challenge to catch, yet he's way too alive for me to dispose of him. So the cats are trying to stare him to death I think. And I will just sit here and not get off my stool.

I'm fine disposing of them when they are dead... but I didn't realize how not ok I am with them when they are not dead until I screamed like a girl and jumped 12 feet in the air.:willy_nilly:

What will you do if the cats lose interest and let him go?

Oh, you've met my cat, then? :)

She catches them easily, despite being indolent even by feline standards, but she just carries them around for a few minutes then lets them go. She might kill them if everybody is asleep (maybe because she won't get praised for the capture?); in that case, she shoves them under our bedroom door. That's such a lovely discovery first thing in the morning...

So what did they do, JoyfulMama?

How long has it been? The one cat and the mouse danced, pretty much, around the dining table and part of the living room. Then the cat went in for the kill. He had much more fun tossing the floppy mouse in the air than he did with the dance, though. :001_rolleyes:

Mouse is done and gone. Flopped into the trash bag, and tossed into the garbage can outside.

I hate them with a passion. I have devised more methods of killing them than is even remotely healthy. Will the cats tear it so you are faced with cleaning mouse entrails? Bats are worse. They are rodents with wings. I have had 3 this spring and loathe them just as much.