Menu

I'm new so a little about us...

I always knew I'd homeschool and when my first son was born (now almost 6) it was essential. He was dx PDD-NOS at age 2 and I could not put him in our ps. He's pretty quirky but has accomplished so much more than we'd expected. He has a little brother age 3 who is 'normal' developmentally. I hate that whole 'normal' thing, too btw. What's normal is different for everyone. Normal in our house is VERY different.

He really likes homeschooling and has begun to ask for class. We do it at a different time each day as he's not consistent with when he's able to do it. I want it to be his choice. He almost always decides on his own so it hasn't been an issue. One day recently he asked for a second session after dinner. So....off to class we went!

Trying to keep it brief as I can be pretty chatty. Just wanted to introduce myself! Jessica

Hi Jessica! :) Welcome. I'm Jennifer. I have two beautiful children on the Autism spectrum. My son 10 is profoundly Autistic (non-verbal). He goes to the Autism cluster in public school. My daughter 13 (soon to be 14) is Aspergers/ADHD/OCD. She is the one I home school. :) I hope you like it here. We have a wonderful special needs community here so feel free to get comfy and make friends. :) :grouphug:

Welcome!

I hs my 10yo HFA ds and 8yo NT dd. I also have an 11yo moderately functioning, somewhat verbal ds who goes to an ABA based private school. We started hsing because we couldn't find a good placement for ds2, but we've all gotten so used to hsing I think we'll keep going at least until high school.

Hi! I have 3 kiddo's the eldest of which has just been diagnosed with PDD NOS. He's also possibly losing his vision. We just got all this news in the past couple weeks, so I'm still waiting for the grief to subside and to be able to move forward with some courage and fortitude! But every day is a new day :)

Good to meet you

Hi! I have 4 kids. My 6 year old son was just diagnosed with Autism, Sensory Processing Disorder, Sensory Integration Dysfunction, low tone, severe eye tracking delays, spatial delays and tourettes syndrome.

My youngest (5 year old) I am planning on having tested as well, I think he may have sensory issues and possibly autism (not as bad as my 6 year old) My 6 year old scored a 70 on the ADOS scale so he is High Functioning but at the upper end of that (60-74 is HFA, 75 on up starts severe) and as you can tell from my posts I am struggling to teach him to read :tongue_smilie:.

Nice to meet you :001_smile: