Menu

Husband working part time or not at all?

Does anyone work things out financially so their husband only has to work part time or not at all? Part of me would rather work instead of my husband because being alone here all day with the children is very daunting at times. This may be because one of our kids just came down with the stomach flu and I do NOT handle vomitting well. :( I'm so scared to face this week if anyone else comes down with it, and he's off working all week. This may sound so stupid.

I just got hired for a new job working from home and part of me hopes I make enough that dh can stay home more. Maybe I'm the only one who feels this way.

Not by choice but my dh is the one home with the 4 kids (5 to 15 years old). I miss being with my kids a lot but I also enjoy my jobs a lot, too.

I have had to give up a lot of control in how I would have done things but how he does things is fine, although different.

My 5 year old is used to saying Dad all the time so I frequently get called "dad" but that kind of stuff I don't mind. I'd rather it be him than someone else.

I definitely don't handle vomiting well at all, so I can relate. Even when I was home with the kids (10 years) I got him to do as much of it as he could. It was the only thing that I ever woke him up for to help me :)

Not by choice but my dh is the one home with the 4 kids (5 to 15 years old). I miss being with my kids a lot but I also enjoy my jobs a lot, too.

I have had to give up a lot of control in how I would have done things but how he does things is fine, although different.

My 5 year old is used to saying Dad all the time so I frequently get called "dad" but that kind of stuff I don't mind. I'd rather it be him than someone else.

I definitely don't handle vomiting well at all, so I can relate. Even when I was home with the kids (10 years) I got him to do as much of it as he could. It was the only thing that I ever woke him up for to help me :)

:iagree: My DH is home full-time (not by choice, but due to difficulty finding a job). I work from home myself, so we're both home all the time. I love my job, but I'd rather he found a job and I got to homeschool the dc.

My dh has been underemployed for the last year. It probably averages out to part-time work. Most of his work is out of town , so he's either here all day or out of town.

I would love it if he could work part-time and be doing his own thing the rest of the time. He's worked physically very hard for the last 30+ years.

We're in a position that he could do that in the next 2-3 years, but he really needs more work for the next couple of years.