Menu

100s charts that don't look like they came from a public school classroom

mamachanse

We have a nice laminated chart that is about 12x12" that I got in a lot of manipulatives from ebay. But, we never use that chart. I always end of printing new ones so we can shade or highlight for skip-counting or something like that.

ETA - this is the board we have $.70 from RR.

http://rainbowresource.com/product/Hundred+Board+-+Laminated/042608/1303449819-1436827

Edited by kitten18

I made one and laminated it. Each row of 10s is a different color and goes in rainbow order, so it is colorful. I also made each row of color alternate between light and dark, so all the 30s are green, 31 is lighter green and 32 is darker green. I also used MUS's idea of starting each row with a whole ten, so that all of the 30s are in the same row, ending with 39.

I started out making my own wall stuff to save money, but now I find the stuff we make to be very special and nicely customized to what we like. We've made rainbow colored alphabet charts, odd and even charts, shapes, and place value charts. We've made number cards for games (or flashcards) with note cards, crayons, and watercolor paints. We also make our own calendar every month, which is on the wall next to note cards that have the days of the week and months of the year which we change every day to the day's date by moving the cards (with sticky stuff). It's fun, special, and cheaper! HTH!

Edited by Devotional Soul

I saw this on angela's site and have been waiting to splurge on it. I currently have a couple laminated 8x8's that I cut out of workbooks. One is black and white. One is colored with the 10's and when you flip it it's colored with the 5's. My dd likes using them and uses it well so I haven't been able to justify the expense of the playmat. But I do so like the look of it.

What are you looking for, when you say pretty?

MEP has one that looks like a ribbon on p 18 of pb2a_2 here

Lessons 31 to 50 [140]

but it's not a square.

These might be helpful as there are lots already done up

http://www.superteacherworksheets.com/hundreds-chart.html

Otherwise, I'd just make a 10x10 chart in your word processing program, use the desired font, and decorate from there.