Menu

Kitchen Aid attachments--opinions

I love the grinder and use it all the time. I'll grind anything. :)

It really is convenient, though (and safer, given the problems inherent to ground beef). I have a recipe, for example, that calls for ground pork and ham in addition to beef; butchers used to moan and roll their eyes when I asked for it, as it was a big pain for them do to. Now, I just make my own.

Next, I want the pasta roller. Rolling out my own ravioli dough is getting old.

I cannot tell you how pathetic the pasta shapes attachment is. I cannot believe they actually sell that worthless piece of junk. STAY AWAY!!!

And just so you know . . . no trying it out to see if you like it. The return policy states that it cannot be returned after use. So if you use it and see how pitiful it is . . . too late!

Oh that thing is a mess!

this is the one I have, sadly.

http://www.kitchenaid.com/flash.cmd?/#/product/KPEXTA/

That's such a disappointment that the pasta maker attachment doesn't work. I really wanted to get one with my new mixer. I have a meat grinder and a vegetable slicer for my old one and they work pretty well. I've not used them a lot, but when I would use them I was happy with their performance.

I couldn't live without the strainer attachment that easily turns tomatoes into tomato sauce or apples into apple sauce. Love, love, love it.

We also like the grinder attachment for grinding unusual meats (mortadella ham), but we could live without it.

does it tell you how to make tomato sauce and apple sauce...or do I have to figure that out on my own...maybe you would be willing to share your recipe:001_smile::001_smile::001_smile:

I love the grinder and use it all the time. I'll grind anything. :)

QUOTE]

What do you grind exactly????

Heh. That did sound sinister, didn't it?

But if it's food, I've probably put it through the grinder at least once, just to see what happens. Raw meat. Cooked meat. Bread, fruit, cheese. And on one memorable and not-to-be-repeated occasion, extra-firm tofu. The corollary to "I'll grind anything" is "I'll make anything into a stuffing or dip."

I have my mom's KA, it's about as old as I am and it is still going strong after more years than I care to share. I use it all the time and I love it.

The only attachment I use is the grain mill attachment - I use it at least once a week to make bread. It works great.

I also have the splash guard thingies and they are really more trouble than they are worth.

I would love to try the pasta attachment as well, I have that on my wishlist.

I love my meat grinder attachment. I also will grind just about anything with it. I also have the grater and slicer attachments. I don't use them that often but when I need it they are quite handy.

I have heard that the wheat grinder will be very hard on your mixer if you use it frequently. I have a nutrimill for grinding grains and beans.