Menu

Rejoice with Me

tuzor

Today my son finished his McRuffy Kindergarten math workbook. I am so excited. In addition I started incorporating memory work last week. I wanted to get a feel for memory work this year in K instead of starting with so many different things next year. He has memorized his first set of items which were personal information; full name, birthday, address, siblings names, parents names, seven continents, four oceans, six regions of the united states; bible verse Genisis 1:1 and his first poem Fuzzy Wuzzy. Some of these things he already knew but I thought to kick off our memory work it would be good to start with some things he knew for review and add it some things he did not. We are almost complete with our McRuffy reading workbook as well. Perhaps 20 more lessons. I had to slow down some because he was having difficulty with blends, and digraphs. We are supplementing with the phonics page(Websters Speller). It is really helping. The official end of our school year is May 19th. I am over the moon excited. Literally I have tears of joy in my eyes. What a year this has been. It has be challangeing and rewarding. This year I has been above and beyond anything I ever expected. I thought who can I share this moment with. I called my hubby, one of my close hs friends and of course I came to the hive. :grouphug::001_smile: Moving on to first grade :auto:

I rejoice with you!

I know just how good it feels!

If you're looking for a good source of memory work in the Bible verse area, Concordia Publishing House has memory work booklets that are very inexpensive as part of their Voyages curriculum for parochial schools. They are grade-level specific, 1st through 8th grades, very reasonably priced standalone books with the texts right in them. I recommend them.

Favorites of mine for memorization:

"God showed His love for us in that while we were still sinners Christ died for us," Romans 5:8.

"For it is by grace that you have been saved, through faith,not of works, lest anyone should boast," Eph (2:8-9 I think?)

"Seek ye first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you." Somewhere in Matthew. I memorized these all in KJV originally, some have not switched over.

John 3:16, of course.

"The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such things as these there is no law," Gal. 5:28-29, I think

I rejoice with you!

I know just how good it feels!

If you're looking for a good source of memory work in the Bible verse area, Concordia Publishing House has memory work booklets that are very inexpensive as part of their Voyages curriculum for parochial schools. They are grade-level specific, 1st through 8th grades, very reasonably priced standalone books with the texts right in them. I recommend them.

Favorites of mine for memorization:

"God showed His love for us in that while we were still sinners Christ died for us," Romans 5:8.

"For it is by grace that you have been saved, through faith,not of works, lest anyone should boast," Eph (2:8-9 I think?)

"Seek ye first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you." Somewhere in Matthew. I memorized these all in KJV originally, some have not switched over.

John 3:16, of course.

"The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such things as these there is no law," Gal. 5:28-29, I think

Okay I will look into that now. Thanks!