Menu

Printing out ebooks ??s

katnorman

I was just wondering for those that buy ebooks, do you print them out at home or take the file somewhere to do it, or is there a website you can send the file to to have it printed?? I know that you probably don't print all ebooks, but like MM or student pages.

Thanks,

Katie

For the ones I choose to print (my WWE books, RSO books mostly) I have a wonderful HP duplex color laser printer. My toner is about $100 per cartridge (it takes 4, 1 black, 1 cyan, 1 magenta, and 1 yellow) but I change out the black about once a year and the colors about once every 18-24 months. Each one can print about 2500 pages or 5 reams before being replaced. My cost per page may be a bit more because I'm a paper snob (my dh brought this on because he bought me a ream of HP color laser jet paper and I fell in love at first touch LOL) so I'll use nothing less that 28lb and 98 brightness so my ream of paper costs me about $12, so it's about 6¢ a page for black and white and 14¢ a page for color, but I'm ok with it. I love that I can print as many copies as needed and if my kids make a big boo-boo we can just print a clean copy easy peasy.

I've uploaded a few things to Staples' website and had them print them for me. I assume you can do the same at Office Max, Office Depot, Kinkos, whatever is closest to you. Just be aware that, at the Staples website anyway, the default settings are for full-color printing, so the first price that comes up can give you a bit of sticker shock. I've always selected black-and-white, and chosen an inexpensive paper, so it's ended up being quite reasonable.

Anything I will read straight through goes into my ereader. It's not fun holding a floppy 8.5x11 book. :(

Things that I need to print go to my laser printer (Brother 5250DN). If they need bound (like the MEP teacher guide) I go to Staples or Office Max ($2-$3).

Check prices, the printing stores here are VERY expensive. For one (larger) book I checked I could BUY a new, name brand toner for the printer...