Menu

TX Wind/Weather/Smoke

Any ideas for health? Ever since the last really strong wind...I think it was Friday?...dh has been less & less...lucid, lol. He says these are the worst allergies he's had in his life.

I'd almost suggest applying for refugee status, but I'm not sure he could even handle driving. ;)

How about: when will this end? Crystal balls, anyone?

We have this problem every fall when the Forest Service does prescribed burns (no longer called "controlled burns" because they get out of hand so often :glare:).

Anyway, do you have an air purifier? I think the best thing if possible is to just stay inside with the house windows/doors closed. I know...not always possible.

Raw Apple Cider Vinegar and probiotics help with allergies. Netti Pots / Sinus Rinses are effective. I would also eat lots of garlic. You can look up his specific symptoms at http://www.bulkherbstore.com and try to treat the symptoms.

Praying for rain for you guys. :grouphug:

Rain is forecast for Thursday through Monday for the dfw area. The pollen count is high, add smoke.

I had to stay inside last Friday and yesterday. The wind carrying the smoke made it worse for me. I haven't been bothered by the pollen.

Does your dh have asthma, Aubrey?

He does. He says he feels better today, but yesterday was *awful.*

I don't have asthma, I am 6 weeks post-surgical and had lung/heart problems, that's why it affects me. I hope that's temporary for me.

As for your dh, if he has an MD he should go in for a boost of oxygen and whatever else it is they do for sufferers. I mean, he could end up in the hospital!!!!

Thanks for prayers of rain, Random. We need it so bad.