Menu

well we listed our house

I had wanted to wait until I have got my house de-clutteered but our neigbors house sold in 13 days at list price and last week (it was in the paper) 20 houses sold in our small seashore town and no houses sold last week in the areas we want to move to. So our town is now considered a seller's market so dh decided we should list now. I had totally fixed up the kitchen , bathroom and sun room for pictures but the agent took pictures even of my cluttered rooms. He said that it just looks like we are moving so the pictures will be okay. Dh insisted on listing at a high price so we will see what happens.

Trying to get rid of 18 years of clutter is not quick and easy but it is getting done. I WILL NOT be moving any junk or clutter into a new house. Dh has even budgeted for new furniture so we will be tossing the 4 sofas that the cats have torn up. We will just be taking bedroom furniture and dining room set with us. oh and of course bookcases but we are looking at houses that have heated garages to set up the bookcases and make the garage (which are nice unused 2 and 3 car garages) into a library and also a small workshop for ds. My books in our current house are scatterred all over in every room and our garage is detatched so just used for storage so it will be nice to have all the books in one room

ok so the trashmen took one of my really good bins ( I should have put out one of my cheap onees but I was trying to get stuff out before dark last night and accidently put out a good one). I had run out of trash cans so used the bin. My dd is saying "MOm just let it go, it's not that important"". "Oh, well, I am just grateful that the trash guys are taking ALL of the trash I put out and are not banging on my door, saying"Come on lady, give us a break" lol.

I am also putiing out lots of toys with a free sign (in a seperate spot from the trash) and it always disappears. One night about 10 pm a lady knocked on our door to make sure that I really meant for the painting easel to be free and could she have it.

Well, my break is over, back to de-junking.

After you declutter some more, you might want to have your agent come and take new pictures. Even in a buyer's market, if you're listing high, the cluttered pictures won't help. Just my .02. We just sold our house a little less than a month ago. Good luck with decluttering! I got rid of soooo much stuff before we moved, but not enough. Of course we also downsized. I hope your house sells quickly!

We are looking to buy and I can over look the clutter as there are so few houses out there that are even possibilities for us but I agree that if you can declutter and get new pictures that would be great. Make sure it is listed on realtor.com zillow.com and any others, even Craigs list that are used in your area.

I know of some homes that are for sale but aren't listed on the websites I have been checking so make sure yours is well advertised.