Menu

Story of Science: Aristotle Leads the Way

Has anyone used this with the teacher's guides and student books? My teacher's guide arrived today, and it is beautiful and terrifying. To be honest, the book itself has sat on my shelf for ages. I've always thought it looked a little dry.

Please tell me about your experience using this as your main science program.

Thank you.

I think it's important to start at the beginning with this book; it's not a jump in anywhere type of book.

I have a schedule, but I am going verrrry slowly; 1 chapter per week. We do a little bit everyday (about 1/2 hour) and then we do some other science.

The more I look through the three parts of this, the more thrilling it is. Has anyone used this is significant part of a history program?

I suppose we are using Story of Science as our history for the moment... although we're going heavy on 'bunny trails' this semester. We were reading SOTW 1 and I really felt that we were missing out on learning about the intellectual history of the Greeks - about philosophy and mathematics and physics and such... So we set SOTW aside and have happily spent the past two months on the Story of Science.